Washington, D.C. Personal Injury Lawyers
Seeking Justice for Injury Victims in Maryland & the District of Columbia
Welcome to Fay Law Group, P.A., a law firm in Rockville, Maryland that specializes in personal injury law throughout Washington D.C.. Accidents happen every day in Washington, D.C. and across the state of Maryland. These accidents can cause injuries ranging from minor to catastrophic and can even result in death.
We understand that you may have suffered an injury due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness and are here to help you through the complicated legal process. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that was caused by the negligent acts of another party, you should seek legal advice from a Washington D.C. personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. We are here to provide the experienced legal representation you need.
Contact our personal injury lawyer Washington D.C. today to schedule a consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
What is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is an injury to the body, mind, or emotions that is caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, as opposed to an injury to property. This can include physical injuries, such as broken bones, or psychological injuries, such as post-traumatic stress disorder. Personal injury lawsuits are usually based on the theory of negligence, which requires the plaintiff to prove that the defendant had a duty to act with reasonable care, that the defendant breached that duty, and that the plaintiff suffered an injury as a result. If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you may be eligible to seek compensation for your losses.
Well-Versed in All Aspects of Personal Injury
The attorneys at the Fay Law Group are well-versed in all aspects of personal injury law in both Washington, D.C. and Maryland. Whether your accident was caused by another person, a small business, or a huge corporation, our dedicated Washington D.C. personal injury lawyers can help. We work to ensure that you are not bullied by insurance companies into taking a settlement that is far below the compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. Our Washington, D.C. team of personal injury attorneys is comprised of knowledgeable, compassionate, and caring professionals who have dedicated their life’s work to defending the rights of victims who have been injured through negligence.
Building Trust with Your Injury Lawyer
If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer Washington D.C., you want to make sure you have a lawyer who is dedicated to your case and is willing to fight for your rights. You should be prepared to answer their questions honestly and completely. Make sure to provide all of the details of your case and be honest about your expectations. Showing that you are trustworthy and committed to your case will help a lawyer develop a strong bond with you.
At Fay Law Group, P.A., we understand the complexities of personal injury law and are here to help you. If you are looking for an experienced Washington D.C. personal injury lawyer, we are here to provide the legal representation you need.
Our Personal Injury Services in D.C.
We provide a range of services related to personal injury and medical malpractice cases, including:
- Advocating for victims of negligence or medical malpractice
- Representing victims of auto accidents and other personal injury cases
- Negotiating and settling claims for compensation
- Representing clients in court for personal injury or medical malpractice cases
- Advising clients on the best course of action for their case
- Analyzing medical records and other evidence to build a strong case
- Identifying and pursuing all sources of compensation for the client
- Working with medical experts and other professionals to strengthen the case
- Filing the necessary paperwork and appearing in court on behalf of the client
Personal Injury Cases In & Around Washington, D.C.
Personal injury covers all accidents caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another person, business, or corporation.
Common types of personal injury accidents claims can include but are not limited to:
- Car Accidents: Every year, thousands of auto accidents across Washington, D.C. and Maryland send patients to the hospital with severe and life-changing injuries. From head-on collisions to multi-vehicle highway pile-ups, these accidents happen for many reasons and often include the negligence of multiple parties. As you face the reality of medical bills that continue to accrue while you try to cope with your injuries in such accidents, you will get better results in claims when represented by a competent motor vehicle accident attorney.
- Truck Accidents: These accidents involve a semi-truck, flatbed, tanker, tractor-trailer, big rig, or other large commercial vehicles. They almost always result in catastrophic injuries and sometimes end in the death of one or more victims. Multiple insurance companies are commonly involved as well as federal trucking regulations. Because they are usually complex, putting a skilled truck accident lawyer on your side from the very start can be the best move you make for a successful result.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are among the most vulnerable parties on our roadways. Research shows that drivers do not always look out for motorcycles which leads to tragic accidents. Because of lack of bodily protection, motorcyclists suffer some of the most serious injuries, from multiple broken bones to traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and more. Our team of motorcycle accident lawyers can answer your questions, determine if you have the right to pursue a claim, and aggressively fight for maximum compensation.
- Bus and Ridesharing Accidents: Many people rely on buses and ride-sharing companies, such as Uber and Lyft for public transportation. By doing so, you place your safety in the hands of another person. When an accident occurs and you are injured, the claims process can be complicated for many reasons. It is critical to know how to proceed so that you can be compensated for your medical treatment, lost wages, and other damages. Rely on Fay Law Group to ensure that your rights are protected as soon as possible following these accidents.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians have no protection from harm when involved in an accident with a motor vehicle which makes them especially vulnerable to serious injuries or wrongful death. If you were injured or have lost a family member as the result of a pedestrian accident caused by the negligent action of a motorist, you need the help and guidance of a skilled attorney who can protect your rights.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists are also vulnerable to serious injuries when struck by a passenger vehicle or truck. Bicycle accidents are common at intersections and on roadways and are caused by drivers who fail to watch out for bicyclists. A bicyclist can easily be thrown from a bike, leading to serious traumatic injuries and even fatal results. Our bike accident attorneys can help you determine if you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim for your injuries and damages.
- Medical Malpractice: Doctors, nurses, and hospitals are all capable of making mistakes that could end up harming the patients who entrusted them with their health. Medical errors are responsible for both serious and fatal injury claims that can impact lives temporarily or permanently. The attorneys at the Fay Law Group have decades of experience handling medical malpractice lawsuits. Call to learn how our experience with the investigation and presentation of medical malpractice claims can help you and your family.
- Elder Neglect: Placing your elderly parents or grandparents in a nursing home or care facility is one of the hardest decisions that you will have to make. When you do make that choice, you expect that your loved one will be treated with respect, dignity, and with a high level of care. Sadly, nursing homes and care facilities are often understaffed which can lead to inadequate and poor care. Residents can suffer both neglect and abuse, resulting in injuries and death. When this happens, we can determine if you have the right to pursue a claim and can help you seek the justice your family deserves.
- Premises Liability: Property owners and landlords have a responsibility to ensure that individuals who visit their building or property for recreation, business, or any other lawful reason are kept free from harm. If you have sustained injuries on someone else’s property, you may have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit. You should contact a skilled premises liability attorney from Fay Law Group to discuss the circumstances surrounding your accident.
- Product Liability: Product liability laws were enacted to ensure the safety of consumers who buy products in the United States. Our firm has used the law to hold manufacturers accountable when selling unreliable or unsafe products to consumers. If you have been injured by a dangerous or defective product, call us today to find out if you can file a lawsuit for your injuries and losses.
- Wrongful Death: Nothing is more heartbreaking than losing a loved one in a preventable accident. Our compassionate and knowledgeable attorneys understand the different laws in Maryland and the District of Columbia concerning wrongful death litigation. We also understand the devastation that a family left behind must deal with as they try to pick up the pieces and carry on in the aftermath. If you have lost a loved one in an accident that was caused by another party, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit for compensation for the loss of your family member.
Types of Compensation Available to Injury Victims
Personal injury lawyers must consider several factors to determine a fair and appropriate settlement for the injuries sustained in an accident.
These can include:
- Medical Bills: The largest percentage of damages in a personal injury claim is generally medical bills. Medical care can be a staggering expense that can lead to financial ruin without the compensation due in an injury claim or lawsuit.
- Lost Income: Your ability to work may be temporarily or permanently impacted by your injuries. You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, income, or lost earning capacity because of this.
- Pain and suffering. Though difficult to quantify, the unnecessary pain and suffering caused by a personal injury can be a source of compensation for victims.
- Emotional Distress: Adverse emotional reactions commonly follow after you have been involved in an accident. This type of emotional trauma and anxiety may follow you through life long after physical injuries have healed.
- Loss of Consortium: When your relationship with a loved one was harmed or lost due to the injuries or death he or she suffered in an accident, you may be awarded these damages through your settlement or by the court.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages can be awarded in cases of especially reckless behavior by the defendant. They are meant to punish the defendant and deter others from engaging in such acts.
Common Types of Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury accidents can range in seriousness from minor to serious to catastrophic and, in the worst cases, to wrongful death.
Commonly reported injuries can include:
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Sprains, torn tendons, and dislocations
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Psychological trauma
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in Washington, D.C.
At Fay Law Group, P.A., we understand the physical, emotional, and financial stress that can come along with a personal injury. Our personal injury team in Washington D.C. will thoroughly investigate all aspects of the accident that caused your injury. Additionally, our personal injury lawyers will communicate with insurance companies and other entities, and represent you in court proceedings if necessary. We work to determine the full and fair value of your claim to ensure that you obtain the compensation to which you are entitled. Once we have determined a value, we negotiate or litigate on your behalf for optimum results, all while keeping you informed and giving you the support you need at every stage of the process.
Wrongfully injured in D.C.? Contact Fay Law Group for a free consultation and review of your case at (202) 804-9898 or via our online email form.
Why Choose Fay Law Group
Free Initial Consultations
Phone Answered 24 Hours a Day
No Fees Unless We Win
Services Available in Spanish
Over 50 Years of Experience