Washington DC Personal Injury Lawyers
SEEKING JUSTICE FOR VICTIMS OF NEGLIGENCE IN MARYLAND & THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Accidents happen every day in Washington, D.C. These accidents can cause injuries ranging from minor to catastrophic and can even result in death. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident that was caused by the negligent acts of another party, you should seek legal advice from a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
The attorneys at the Fay Law Group are well-versed in all aspects of personal injury law in Washington, D.C., and Maryland. Whether your accident was caused by another person, business, or a huge corporation, our dedicated lawyers will work to ensure that you are not bullied by insurance companies into taking a settlement that is far below the compensation that you deserve for your injuries and losses. Our first-rate Washington, D.C., team of personal injury attorneys is comprised of knowledgeable, compassionate, and caring people who have dedicated their life’s work to tirelessly defending the rights of victims who have been injured by the negligence of another.
If you or someone you love has been injured, we are here to help. For a free consultation and review of your case, call (202) 589-1300.
Types of Accidents Covered in Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury covers all accidents that were caused by the careless, reckless, or negligent actions of another person, business, or corporation. Here are the most common types of personal injury accidents that are filed every year:
- Car Accidents: Every year, thousands upon thousands of car accidents across Washington, D.C., and Maryland send patients to the hospital with severe and life-changing injuries. From head-on collisions to multi-vehicle accidents on our highways, these accidents happen for many reasons and widely involve the negligence of multiple parties. As you face the reality of medical bills that continue to pile up and you continue to try to cope with the injuries that you sustained in your accident, you may wonder how a motor vehicle accident attorney can help you.
- Truck Accidents: Accidents involving a semi-truck, flatbed, tanker truck, tractor-trailer, big rig, or other large commercial vehicle almost always result in catastrophic injuries and sometimes end in the death of one of more victims. Contact our team of attorneys who specialize in truck accident claims. These types of accidents often involve multiple insurance companies and are usually very complicated and complex for that reason. Having a skilled truck accident lawyer on your side from the very start can be the best move you can make in your personal injury claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are some of the most vulnerable parties on our roadways. Research shows that drivers are not always looking out for their wellbeing. With tragic accidents happening on our highways and at intersections every year, the roads can be a dangerous place for motorcyclists. If you were injured or have lost a family member in a motorcycle accident that was caused by another motorist’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Our specialized team of motorcycle accident lawyers can answer all of your questions and let you know if you have the right to pursue a claim for your injuries and losses.
- Bus Accidents: Buses are a type of public transportation known as common carriers, taking passengers to and from many places for a fee. Even if you don’t drive an automobile, you may have to rely on different modes of transportation to get from place to place. You may use a ride sharing services, such as Lyft and Uber, or you may take a bus or metropolitan transportation system to get to where you are going. In all of these instances, you are placing your safety in the hands on another person. If an accident takes place and you are injured, it’s critical to know how to proceed with your personal injury claim so that you can be compensated for your medical treatment, lost wages, and other damages. Contact the Washington, D.C., bus accident lawyers at the Fay Law Group to ensure that your rights are protected as soon as possible following your bus accident.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians have no protection from harm when they are involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. That makes them especially vulnerable to serious injuries that sometimes result in the death of the pedestrian. If you were injured or have lost a family member as the result of a pedestrian accident caused by the negligent action of a motorist, you need the help and guidance from a skilled personal injury or wrongful death lawyer who can protect your rights.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicyclists are also vulnerable to serious injuries when they are struck by a passenger vehicle or truck. Bicycle accidents are common at intersections and on roadways and caused by drivers who are not watching out for bicyclists’ wellbeing. A bicyclist can easily be thrown from a bike, leading to serious traumatic injuries and even fatal results. Our bike accident attorneys can help you determine if have the right to pursue a personal injury claim for your injuries and damages.
- Medical Malpractice: We put our health and trust in the hands of medical professionals every single day in America. Doctors, nurses, and hospitals are all capable of making mistakes that could end up harming the patients who entrusted them with their health. Medical errors are responsible for serious and fatal injury claims that are directly related to the negligence of doctors, nurses, or other medical professionals. The attorneys at the Fay Law Group have decades of experience handling medical malpractice lawsuits. Call to learn how our experience with the investigation and presentation of medical malpractice claims can help you and your family.
- Elder Neglect: Placing your elderly parents or grandparents in a nursing home or care facility is one of the hardest decisions that you will have to make in your life. When you do make that choice, you should expect that your loved one will be treated with respect, dignity, and with a high level of care. Sadly, nursing homes and care facilities are often understaffed, which leads to the elderly residents not being properly supervised, resulting in injuries. Some staff members may not provide adequate care for the residents. If you believe that your elderly loved one has been injured or died as a result of neglect or abuse, contact the elder neglect attorneys at the Fay Law Group to find out if you have the right to pursue a claim.
- Premises Liability: Property owners and landlords have a responsibility to make sure that individuals who visit their building or property for recreation, business, or any other lawful reason are kept free from harm. If you have sustained injuries on someone else’s property, you may have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit. You should contact a skilled premises liability attorney from Fay Law Group to discuss the circumstances surrounding your premises liability accident.
- Product Liability: Product liability laws were enacted to ensure the safety of consumers who buy products in the United States. Our Washington, D.C., product liability lawyers have used the law to hold manufacturers accountable for providing reliable and safe products to the American consumers for more than 50 years. If you have been injured by a dangerous or defective product, call us today to find out if you are able to file a lawsuit for your injuries and losses.
- Wrongful Death: There is nothing more difficult than losing a loved one in a preventable accident. Our compassionate and knowledgeable wrongful death attorneys understand the very different laws in Maryland and the District of Columbia with regard to wrongful death litigation. We also understand the complete and total devastation that a family left behind must deal with as they try to pick up the pieces and carry on with life without their loved one. We know that there is immeasurable grief that accompanies such an incredible loss. If you have lost a loved one in an accident that was caused by another party, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit for compensation for the loss of your family member. No compensation will bring back your family member, but it will help you to move on and proceed with your life.
Types of Compensation Available to Injury Victims
There are several factors that a personal injury lawyer will need to consider as they work to determine what a fair and appropriate settlement would be for the injuries that you sustained in your accident. The following are some of the aspects that are considered when building your personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical Bills: There is no doubt that the largest percentage of damages you will typically require in a personal injury claim are the medical bills. Medical care can be expensive, which is why you need a skilled attorney who will fight for your right to compensation during this difficult time.
- Lost Income: Your ability to work may be temporarily or permanently impacted by your injuries. You may be entitled to compensation for time that you were unable to work because of the injuries that were incurred in your accident.
- Emotional Distress: Nothing compares to the adverse emotions that you might be feeling after you have been involved in an accident. The pain caused by an accident can be ongoing but the emotional trauma and anxiety that you feel may follow you through life.
- Loss of Consortium: These damages are not typical in every case but are given to family members and loved ones who have missed out on a relationship with a loved one who was either injured or killed in an accident.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages can be seen in cases that involve especially reckless behavior by the defendant. They are meant to be given to those who have been adversely impacted by a defendant’s actions and are meant to punish the defendant and deter others from engaging in these acts.
Our personal injury lawyers at Fay Law Group will make sure that all liable parties are held accountable for their part in your injury accident. Our Washington, D.C., personal injury lawyers have more than 50 years of personal injury experience representing the injured residents of Maryland and the District of Columbia. Call us today to find out how we can help you. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Common Types of Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
Car accidents can happen at any time of the day or night and they range in seriousness. Some car accidents are considered only to be only a “fender bender” and are minor in relation to the injuries that are sustained. Other motor vehicle accidents are more serious and can result in moderate to serious injuries. Then there are the catastrophic accidents that lead to life-threatening injuries and, sometimes, result in the death of one or more victims.
These are some of the most commonly reported injuries resulting from personal injury accidents:
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Psychological trauma
Experienced Personal Injury Attorney in Washington, D.C.
As with all personal injury cases that we handle, our Washington, D.C., personal injury lawyers will thoroughly investigate all aspects of the accident that caused your injury. We will want to make sure that we determine the full and fair value of your claim to make sure that you get the compensation and justice that you are entitled to. Once we have determined a value, we will negotiate or litigate on your behalf to ensure that you get the best result, all while offering support and keeping you well informed about every stage of the process in your case.
At Fay Law Group, we are here to hold a liable party accountable for their actions and help our clients gain proven case results in their claims. We have over 50 years of experience assisting clients throughout the Washington, D.C. area successfully triumph in their cases. There are no upfront fees or costs if we are able to represent you or your loved one. We work on a contingency basis, so we do not receive fees or costs unless we help you obtain monetary compensation from a settlement or litigation. Please contact us to find out how our attorneys at Fay Law Group can assist you at this time at (202) 589-1300.
For more information and to find out how we can help you, contact us online or call (202) 589-1300.
“Warm, welcoming, and always available to speak to you.”
– Dave G.
“Such an amazing group of people!”
– Stacey P.
“I appreciate you all very much!”
– Debbie R.
Let's Talk About Your Case
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION OR
CALL OUR ATTORNEYS AT (202) 589-1300.
Washington DC Personal Injury Attorneys
Copyright © 2018