Mr. Altemus has argued before Maryland’s Court of Special Appeals and litigated cases in the Courts of Appeals for both Maryland and the District of Columbia. He has also represented clients in administrative matters, including cases filed with the District of Columbia’s Zoning Commission and Alcoholic Beverage Regulatory Administration.
Mr. Altemus’s experience is well rounded, having worked on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants during his career. His years of defending hospitals and doctors gave him a deep understanding of medicine, and how serious injury cases are evaluated and defended by insurance companies. He now incorporates that knowledge into his representation of injured persons seeking compensation for the wrongs bestowed on them. Understanding the operations of the others side gives Mr. Altemus and his clients a distinct advantage in successfully litigating their cases.
Areas of Practice
- 90% Medical Malpractice
- 5% Personal Injury
- Criminal Law
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Contact Mr. Altemus today at (202) 589-1300.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. – 1993
- American University , Washington , District of Columbia
- B.A. – 1990
- Major: Philosophy
- NCAA Division I Men’s Soccer
Past Employment Positions
- The Honorable James L. Ryan, Judicial Law Clerk , 1993 – 1994
- McCarthy & Costello , , 1994 – 2005
- Wilson, Elser, , 2005 – 2010
- Maryland, 1994
- District of Columbia, 1996
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1997
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 2002
Meet the Rest
of the Team
Thomas Fortune Fay
Let's Talk About Your Case
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO START YOUR FREE CONSULTATION OR
CALL OUR ATTORNEYS AT (202) 589-1300.
Washington DC Personal Injury Attorneys
Copyright © 2018