It is hard enough placing a beloved parent or grandparent in a nursing home, without having to worry about elder abuse and negligence as well. Licensed nursing homes in the District of Columbia and Maryland are required to screen and train their staff for the highest level of care and diligence.
Nursing home residents are to be afforded the respect and dignity of a safe environment and high standards of care. Unfortunately, nursing homes are often understaffed, failing to supervise residents who act out physically or staff members who do not adequately care for patients.
To get started, call (202) 759-7833. We are ready to address your concerns.
Watch for These Signs of Possible Nursing Home Staff Negligence
If you have a loved one in a nursing home or elder care center, it is important to watch for specific signs that may indicate elder abuse or neglect:
- Your loved one expresses anxiety when in the presence of a specific staff member or resident.
- Your loved one can't or won't explain physical injuries, bruises, and cuts.
- Your loved one develops an infection or severe bedsores.
- Your loved one complains of being hungry or thirsty much of the time (Starvation/Dehydration).
- Your loved one exhibits symptoms of illness following a new prescription.
- Your loved one expresses concern over missing medications.
- Your loved one has suffered a fall injury from not using a required walker or wheelchair.
Our Team is Ready to Fight for You!
If your elderly or infirm loved one has exhibited signs of emotional anxiety or physical injury while living or convalescing at a long-term care facility do not wait to schedule a confidential, free consultation with a Washington DC nursing home abuse attorney at Fay Law Group
We. will evaluate the circumstances of your concerns and discuss options for pursuing a claim against the facility owners and managers.If you believe something is amiss, or believe your loved one suffered a wrongful death, our Washington DC elder neglect lawyers can help you determine if your suspicions are founded, and we can help you seek justice.
Don't wait to get help! Contact our team at (202) 759-7833 today.