While many prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications can provide a number of benefits, even saving lives, if these drugs are improperly tested, marketed for off-label use, or are otherwise defective or misused, they can cause serious and even deadly side effects. Patients may experience debilitating injuries and families may lose loved ones.
Fay Law Group is committed to representing patients and families across Maryland and the District of Columbia in cases involving dangerous and recalled drugs. These matters can be extremely complex, involving medical and physiological issues as well as in-depth investigations into drug testing and clinical trials, but we have the resources to uncover negligence or wrongdoing. Our Washington DC drug injury lawyers understand that your future is stake. We are here to maximize your recovery and therefore your opportunity at a more stable life for you and your family.
Contact our offices at (202) 759-7833 today for a free review of your drug injury claim.
Holding Pharmaceutical Companies Accountable
The side effects associated with dangerous drugs are varied, ranging from an increased cancer risk to suicidal thoughts. Through the decades, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recalled numerous drugs and has required certain drugs to carry “black box” warnings of particularly dangerous side effects, but unsuspecting patients continue to suffer harm.
Some notable investigations and lawsuits pertaining to defective drugs include:
- Diabetes drugs linked to cancer, ketoacidosis, and heart failure
- Off-label Zofran® use linked to birth defects
- Blood thinners linked to strokes, blood clots, and severe bleeding
- Chemotherapy drug Taxotere® linked to permanent hair loss
- Testosterone drugs linked to heart attacks
- Erectile dysfunction drugs linked to skin cancer
- Heartburn drugs linked to kidney disease
- Antipsychotic drug Abilify® linked to hypersexuality and compulsive gambling
Our Washington DC drug injury attorneys are here to hold pharmaceutical giants accountable for placing profits over patient safety. Call (202) 759-7833 or contact us online to learn more.