Medication & Prescription Error Lawyers in Washington, DC
SERVING MARYLAND & THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA FOR OVER 50 YEARS
Any error made in the prescribing or administration of a medicine can have devastating results. The wrong medication may be prescribed, the wrong dose administered, or a drug may be prescribed that has a serious reaction with another medication the patient is already taking. When these or other medication errors occur, a patient may experience serious side effects or may even find his or her life at risk. Some medication and prescription mistakes are deadly.
Exposing medication errors is a primary concern at Fay Law Group. As Washington DC medical malpractice attorneys who have been representing injured patients for over four decades, we have seen the tragic results of medication and prescription errors. We focus on making a right out of a wrong, holding at-fault parties accountable and recovering fair compensation to rebuild our clients’ lives.
Types of Medication Errors
Prescription drugs can alleviate pain, treat infection, and perform any of a number of other functions that bring patients comfort and save lives. If they are improperly used, however, the opposite can occur.
The following are examples of potential types of medication errors:
- Prescribing the wrong medication
- Prescribing the wrong dose based on the patient’s age, weight, etc.
- Prescribing a medication to which the patient has a known allergy
- Prescribing a medication that will adversely react to a drug the patient is already taking
- Administering the wrong medication
- Administering the wrong dose of the right medication
- Failing to properly monitor a patient who is on a new medication
- Failing to provide proper usage/dosage instructions to a patient with a new medication
Patients may also suffer harm from defective drugs, drugs that are mismarketed, and drugs that are improperly tested.
If any type of medication error has affected you or a family member, waste no time in seeking legal help. A Washington DC medication error lawyer at Fay Law Group can aid you in pursuing financial compensation that can help you begin to put the pieces back together, by exposing the at-fault medical professional’s negligence or misconduct.
Free Initial Consultations
Phone Answered 24 Hours a Day
No Fees Unless We Win
Services Available in Spanish
Over 50 Years of Experience