Even if you do not drive, you may rely on other modes of transportation to get around. You may take the bus, Metro, or utilize ridesharing services like Uber or Lyft. In all of these cases, you are entrusting your safety to another person. If an accident occurs, it is important to know how to proceed with a claim to recover financial compensation for medical treatment, lost wages, and more.
Fay Law Group is here to help if you have been injured or have lost a loved one in any type of transportation accident. These cases can be complex and extremely challenging, particularly when a large number of people are injured or the case must be filed against a large corporation or even a government entity, but we are up to the challenge. Our Washington DC transportation accident attorneys know the ins and outs of personal injury and wrongful death claims related to these incidents, and we have the resources to face off against the most formidable opponents.
To find out how we can help you, call (202) 759-7833. Your consultation is free and private, and if you work with our firm, you pay no attorneys’ fees unless there is a recovery.
After a Transportation Accident
If you were a passenger in a Metro, bus, Uber, or other transportation accident, you may wonder what to do next. Each situation will be different, but we can offer the following tips:
- Call 911 if anyone is seriously injured or the accident is blocking traffic.
- Remain at the scene, if possible, to get the information of the driver, his or her insurance, and the transportation company.
- Get the information of other passengers and any witnesses.
- Take photos with your phone or camera, if you have one on your person.
- Take notes regarding any details you remember, as memories can fade over time.
- Talk to an attorney about your legal options, who may be responsible, and what your case is worth.
- Do not accept any type of settlement or check from the insurance company unless you first consult with an attorney.
Protect your right to fair compensation. Call (202) 759-7833 or contact us online to put a skilled Washington DC motor vehicle accident lawyer on your side.